Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'emails'.
Found 3 results
Hi all, A few of our clients are having issues receiving emails sent via form builder after a client submits a form. They display fine in certain clients but in Outlook especially the body content is either missing or the raw code is displayed. Does anybody have any ideas why this might be the case or any ideas about how to diagnose the issue? Not sure if this is an issue with the emails themselves or the server from which they are being sent. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced anything similar?
I recently had a revelation when building HTML emails, what's the difference between HTML emails, and HTML web pages? Other than the horrible table syntax, the result is the same, it's still HTML. This got me thinking why not use a CMS to help generate the HTML emails based on a template? Just like we using a CMS to help generate HTML web pages. We started by setting up ProcessWire (our usual CMS of choice) and added the relevent fields for the sections of the email. Then we took a previous email moved the content into ProcessWire and hooked up the code to pull that content back into the correct places. Repeater fields allowed us to have repeatable sections that are easy to add too, change order of or remove, giving us huge flexibility when a client changes their mind last minute. The speed of setting up and dealing with ProcessWire allowed us to go from concept to working prototype within a day. To use the emails, we just view source of the generated page, and copy and paste into the email system. Sometimes Litmus inliner is required to allow the email to work in Outlook, but we can run it through that before pasting into the email system. Future development could be integrating a css inliner into the generation step, to avoid using litmus inliner. Hope this helps show how ProcessWire can be used in a different scenario.