Jump to content

Markus (Blue Tomato)

  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


Markus (Blue Tomato) last won the day on June 20

Markus (Blue Tomato) had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

81 Excellent

About Markus (Blue Tomato)

  • Rank
    Full Member

Contact Methods

  • Website URL

Profile Information

  • Location
    Graz, Austria

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. aaah, the missing 'namespace ProcessWire;' was the problem. thx!
  2. I try to access wie WireHttp Class in a script executed on the command line but I'm failing hard and don't know why. Access to the Pages Class works well. <?php // include PW API include(__DIR__ . "/index.php"); var_dump($wire->pages); var_dump($wire->http); php test.php object(ProcessWire\Pages)#172 (0) { } NULL Does anyone know why? 😞 I tried also new WireHttp(), wire('http'), $http...
  3. We use Nginx. But the ProcessWire Site is non public.
  4. How would you map the Firebase data? Each collections / document would represent a page in pw? So you would need some kind of sync tasks which are triggerd on save / trash / publish and maybe a full sync job x times. And what should be the single source of truth? Firebase or ProcessWire?
  5. I experimented with my weather station some with InfluxDB (https://www.influxdata.com/). Great for big time series data. But if you need the data in PW you will have some extra work 🙂
  6. Use wire('all') Example from our production code: $factory = $modules->get('TemplateEngineFactory'); echo $factory->render('chunks/bodyCta.tpl', array_merge( (array) wire('all'), (array) [ "title" => $title, "text" => $text, "href" => $href ] ));
  7. Hi, Do anyone know how to show only a field, if the page is published? I tried `status=published` but this did not work. The field keep invisible also when the page is published.
  8. Sounds nice, we built some similar (but highly customised on some special internal needs...). But found many very similar things in it. 🙂
  9. Hmm, I think it's very clear because it's a method from $page. Everything you do from $page are tied to the page itself.
  10. Here now some details how we use ElasticsearchFeeder on www.blue-tomato.com: Our main webshop technology is Java / SAP Hybris which is mostly developed by an external developer team. Hybris is good for multichannel webshops but not the best tool for general content management or for creating quick new content. So we use ProcessWire for our editoral content like blogs, landing pages, buyers guides etc. since 2 years. We created a RestAPI where SAP Hybris gets the content from ProcessWire. So ProcessWire prerenders the main-body and gives it with some metadata to Hybris which puts them between the webshop header and footer. This works great with following page sections: https://www.blue-tomato.com/blue-world/ https://www.blue-tomato.com/team/ https://www.blue-tomato.com/buyers-guides/skateboard/skateboard-decks/ Since this are kind of static pages it worked very well but we want to integrate also our content dynamicly on other high traffic pages like the homepage or product detail pages. This is why we decided to put our content into ElasticSearch. In front of ElasticSearch we created an GraphQL / Node.js Server, because we mashup our ProcessWire data with product data from other (REST) sources. For the first step we created two kind of widgets, which run on the Blue Tomato Homepage: Blue World News (latest news from our blog) Shop The Look The Shop The Look Widget is our first try to mix and show data from different sources. The Editor of a "Look" has to create the look in the ProcessWire Admin panel. He uploads the look photo and has to put product IDs into a Table. No product price, title or image. All of the product data will be fetched by GraphQL from our other database during the request. All widgets are rendered with React. I hope I could give you a short overview of what we do with ProcessWire and ElasticsearchFeeder.
  11. I had some use case, were I have to show some data from my $page->meta() to specific users in the admin panel while they edit the page. I used FieldtypeRuntimeMarkup and created a field which makes only the output of this meta values. It works well.
  12. I forgot to write some update here. We made some minor and one major release since 1.0.0 with this changes: fix some log warnings from some Repeater fields Module can now be installed via composer Add support for $config->elasticsearchFeederConnectionOverride Better support of own hosted ElasticSearch Servers Use of PW 3.0.133's new $page->meta() feature instead of creating a fields for indexed pages CI Tests via circleci.com and peridot-php Current Version is 1.2.0 and since we use $page-meta() the module requires now PW 3.0.133 And a live production demo will follow the next 1-2 weeks.
  13. $page->meta() is great, I will use it in the coming version of https://modules.processwire.com/modules/elasticsearch-feeder/
  14. Nice module - I also wait for custom properties very hard. It's on the roadmap since late 2017. I hope @ryan has some time for this soon.
  • Create New...