form validation

Frank Vèssia

Do you mean in administration (modules) or front-end?

If it's administration (modules), then wait for Ryan, if it's front-end, then use your own copy of jQuery.

Or if it's general question like 'should I use jQuery form validation before or after including jQuery'... well, that one's obvious.

If by 'reinstance' you mean calling jQuery twice, then don't worry, because you're calling it just once, only different versions. If by 'reinstance' you mean to keep two different versions of jQuery, then don't worry – you should keep front-end as fast and modern as possible and core&admin as stable as possible, so... just keep two different versions.

Or use google CDN version with local admin fallback.

I agree with Adam on this that it is okay to use a different jQuery on admin and front-end. If the jQuery used on the admin is the version you want, then there is certainly no harm in linking to it and using it. But I wouldn't want you to run into a situation where you upgrade ProcessWire (which likewise installed a newer jQuery core) and for some reason it wasn't compatible with your site's jQuery code or jQuery plugins. The safest thing to do is to keep your own separate copy of jQuery in /site/templates/scripts/ (or wherever you place your JS files). It good insurance given that your web site and the ProcessWire admin are two completely separate applications with potentially different needs.