Processwire filemaker module?

MuchDev

So I have a client that is pretty entrenched with a filemaker database and was wondering if there was anyone whom had created a filemaker module for processwire. I located a pretty well featured module for drupal and from looking around it I see that it seems fairly compatible without any hacking. So if there isn't one out there yet I suppose I will be porting this one over from drupal into processwire. Any other recommendations? I am also considering just creating a simpler version that would just work directly with the database and fetch the records and format a csv, then relate images using the admin interface.

Edited by kongondo
Moved this here as the main module board is a support forum for existing modules

I just viewed the video of the mentioned drupal module and I can see, that this would be useful for the client, because his workflow doesn't have to change. Also using only a single database instead of some kind of mirroring is nice, too. 

If you want to do this the most flexible way, you could do a set of extended Fieldtypes (text/date/image, what filemaker offers) based on the core ones. But you'll change the methods which interact with the database, like sleep- and wakeupValue and so on. I don't know how complex this would be, but you would get kinda nativ processwire objects out of it. 

The less elaborate version would be just 3 new fieldtypes, Fieldgroup, Field and Portal. If I understand it the right way, there's really not more about this databases.

• Like 1

I know it does seem a bit wacky, but this is for a company that is used to their database system and is just getting use to the site that I built them. I really feel that the way that they work, if I were able to provide them a simple to use module that could interface with their existing database directly from processwire that they would have the easiest time getting the hang of things. I also would really like to build this as well, I think it would be a helpful tool to have for others.

My goal is to port this beast as straight across as I can manage, but I may just end up using it as an example. I guess we will see once I dive into this later on in the week. I will try and keep you guys updated :).