<div class="col-md-12">
		<?php
		$pagination = dopagination();
		echo $pagination;
		?>
	</div>
</div>

And it pukes this at me...

Error: Call to a member function count() on a non-object (line 23 of /var/www/de.net/dev/site/templates/functions.php)
This error message was shown because you are logged in as a Superuser. Error has been logged.

Uhm, am I doing something really wrong?

Whether or not you change your mind, the issue you had is actually well explained in that puke you mentioned: you're trying to use method count() of something that isn't an object, and thus can't have its own methods. This non-object in your case is the $pages, used in a function.

The reason for this is that in functions and class methods you have to use API vars with the wire() function -- wire('page'), wire('pages'), wire('session'), etc. In other words, your code should work just fine if you just replace $pages with wire('pages') :)

You're right in that ProcessWire has built-in pagination support: https://processwire.com/api/modules/markup-pager-nav/.

• Like 3

Whether or not you change your mind, the issue you had is actually well explained in that puke you mentioned: you're trying to use method count() of something that isn't an object, and thus can't have its own methods. This non-object in your case is the $pages, used in a function.

The reason for this is that in functions and classes you have to use API vars with the wire() function -- wire('page'), wire('pages'), wire('session'), etc. In other words, your code should work just fine if you just replace $pages with wire('pages') :)

You're right in that ProcessWire has built-in pagination support: https://processwire.com/api/modules/markup-pager-nav/.

Ah I figured this as it works inside of another file that is included different etc...

The built-in pagination support doesn't make sense to me :( and how I'm trying to impliment it honestly...