Two problems maybe same origin

manlio

Hello! (PW version 2.5 after updating from dev branch)

I have two different pages ("instructors" and "courses") with their children.

I was trying to run a script like this

$itm = $wire->pages->get("/instructors/");
$items = $itm->children();
foreach ($items as $item) {
echo $item->title; 
}

My problem is that it returns nothing (no errors - debug is on). The vardump($items) return an empty array.

If I change

get("/instructors/")

to

get("/courses/")

everything works fine and it returns the titles of the children.

If I echo the first line I get the proper ID of "instructors".The main difference I can see between the pages is that instructors have the "user" system template. Is there any possible reason why I can't access these children?

But here comes tha bad news (for me :-)).

While trying to solve this problem I discovered that if I change data of an instructor and save, the instructor page "is moving" from the instructors parent to admin->access->user parent and this seems strange to me. But if I try to move it back I get an error that state that I don't have the permission to change the parent.

I don't understand if anything is broken in the users or if I missed something, thanks for any help.

Previously I found that there was one duplicate user (result of old test) under the admin->access->user page that maybe originate some problems.

I deleted the user but the situation is like before.

N.B. Instructors is the result of Import CSV Module and I would try to avoid to reimport them because there are other imported pages that are linked with a page reference to the PW id of the users, and new import will change that.

Thank you marcus! This solved the first problem and now woks! While searching I noticed that user template can affect children and find behaviours so you have given me the key :-);)

Now can someone help me to understand why when I edit an instructor it change parent and moves to admin->access->user.

I really want to avoid this.

Thank you

• Like 1

Thank you marcus! This solved the first problem and now woks! While searching I noticed that user template can affect children and find behaviours so you have given me the key :-);)

Now can someone help me to understand why when I edit an instructor it change parent and moves to admin->access->user.

I really want to avoid this.

Thank you

Sounds like a design decision, maybe pages of user template aren't intended to "live" outside admin › access › user, and there's some "correcting" hook kicking in on page save. 

• Like 1