Presenting A Set of Images From Another Page For Selection

sharpenator

Hi there, wasn't sure of best place for this, so thought I'd try general support.

I'm working on a site that has a load of products all with their own page. Each product can have one or more formats, let's call them CD, DVD and USB. On each product page I'd like to be able to show an icon under the product's title which shows the product's format. I'd like these images to be manageable in the CMS.

Thus what I'm after is as follows:

- Ability to add images to a "format image" icon management page

- Then on the product template, editors are presented with a multi-select style list which pulls the image names from the management page, and lets them pick which product formats are supported

- The page is then rendered accordingly

The only way I can think of doing this without module coding is to have a separate page per format, add an image in on each page, and the use a page select field. I'd really like to come up with a solution where the editor can see all of the images in one view though via a image management kind of template.

Any suggestions in general here? It's likely I'm missing a more obvious way of doing this!

Thanks,

s

Indeed the structure from soma's great https://processwire.com/talk/topic/3219-images-manager-beta/

setup a page as image root with subtemplates image-cat and image - so page is "one-image" field....(like described on the github page from soma)

with this you've central image managment - equal if you use the image manager to manage the pics or use it in PW way (add new page= image or new cat=image-cat)

on other pages you could simple use a PageField for choosing an image.

(like in my the screenshots)

Image1: Labeling is built in 2.4 PW in the template settings you could choose the fields that are shown in the pagetree see

Image2: Setting for Imagethumbs in the tree

Image3: A second field in every other template with the pageparent is setted as the image-root page for choosing a pic...

hope this helps - best regards mr-fan

post-2327-0-19771000-1409909734_thumb.pn

post-2327-0-66665300-1409909747_thumb.pn

post-2327-0-85601800-1409909751_thumb.pn