Transferred Hosts, now get error connecting to database

cory_dobson

Hi, 

I am very new to ProcessWire, as I am just transferring a clients site (www.fosterllp.ca) from their previous server to a new host.  

These are the steps I took:

1. I exported the old database and imported it onto the new host. 

2. I downloaded all of the files on their old server and uploaded them to the new server

3. I edited the site/config.php file to reflect the new database login info: (the only one I'm not sure about is the dbPort, I left it what it was.)

$config->dbHost = 'localhost';
$config->dbName = 'xxxxx';
$config->dbUser = 'xxxxx';
$config->dbPass = 'xxxxx';
$config->dbPort = '3306';

Now, when I load the site, I get the following error: Unable to complete this request due to an error. Error has been logged.

When I check the error logs in site/assets/logs/ it says this: 2014-08-28 12:44:34 ? http://fosterllp.ca/?/ Error: Exception: DB connect error 1045 - Access denied for user 'xxxxx'@'localhost' (using password: YES) (in /home/fosterllp/public_html/wire/core/ProcessWire.php line 96)

Any ideas what I need to do to get this site up and running?

Thanks

I believe you cannot use the same database name on a different host.  You should have created a new database (on the new host) and imported the old database to it.   

That's what I get for not reading the whole post.  Please disregard

Check the permission of the database user to ensure they have all permissions.

Edited by cstevensjr

I'm a dummy.  I just found an error with the password in the config file.  I'm now able to load the front page, though none of the other pages, which I've seen posts about.  I'll do my research on this problem and see if I can get it all working.

Thanks!

• Like 1