Problem with $pages->find

JoshoB

I am rebuilding a website. Templates include a field "url_old" with a href to the page's URL on the old website. By surfing to the /redirect, the system should generate a list that can be copied and pasted into a .htaccess file. In order to find all of the pages that need to be redirected, I use the following in the template "redirect" (used by a single page located at home/redirect/):

$results = $pages->find("url_old!=''");

To the best of my knowledge, $results should contain ALL pages with a field "url_old" that isn't empty. However, when the data is generated, it includes only the home page and all of the home page's children that have children of their own.

Let me illustrate with an example:

Home
  |- Page 1
  |- Page 2
  |     |- Page A
  |     |- Page B
  |- Page 3
  |- Page 4

Let's assume that all of these pages have the "url_old" field filled in. You would expect the system to generate a list of ALL of these pages. Instead, it only lists "Home", "Page 2", "Page A", and "Page B". Somehow, it skips "Page 1" and the others. (When I do a count() of $results, it also lists just the pages that are shown, so 4 in this example, instead of 7.)

I get the idea that I'm missing something obvious, but I can't see what. Anyone care to help?