Stockholm-stedentrip.nl, my first Processwire site

formmailer

Hi,

I decided that it was time to show you my first Processwire site. The site is a Dutch site containing tourist information about and  citytrip offers to Stockholm, the capital of Sweden.

URL: http://www.stockholm-stedentrip.nl

I'll add more during the next couple of weeks.

I am looking forward to your feedback, both positive and negative.

//Jasper

Looks good Jasper, you've obviously spent some time pulling together the content. I just wonder if the central content area should have a more opaque background - more like the panels on the right since I think the text is a little difficult to read against the image (but could just be my ageing eyes  ;) )

Possibly also use the same serif typeface for headings as you have in the banner area site title and related text. I think this might tie the title a bit more into the site content... just an idea.

Thanks for sharing and look forward to seeing it develop

@Ryan: Let me know when you are coming and I'll be happy to be your guide. :)

@Martin:Thanks for the suggestions. Regarding the background of the central content, I agree that a more opaque background would be better. But for some reason I can't figure out how to change the background for just the "body text". Whatever I try, the background behind the rightsidebar is also changing. There must be something wrong in my CSS.

Changing the typeface for the headings is a good idea. Changed them now,

/Jasper

Yes, I like the new headings  ;) You could try styling your #bodycopy div with left/right margin (and remove the thick left border) and rgba/hsla background color (will also need to use a solid color fall-back for older browsers if you want to support those that can't get the transparency). could also add a border-radius to match the nice little slider you have in place on the right. Something like:

#bodycopy {

padding: 15px;

margin: 0 182px;

border-radius: 10px;

background-color: rgba(255,255,255,0.7);

}

The border radius will also need the variations for different browsers but I'm guessing you know that  ;) The right column backgrounds look OK to me - but again, I'd be tempted to add a border radius to the bottom one to match the image slider and icons you have for hotels etc.

Thanks Martin! I never thought of using the margins... so easy and yet so effective.  ;D

I have changed it now, and also used rounded borders for the bottom box in the right sidebar.

Now the Google map is the only element on the right that doesn't have rounded corners. I looked into that as well, but this wasn't as easy as it sounded. It seems that the only way around this is to use corner images, which isn't so easy if the background isn't solid.

I could, of course,  make the map a bit smaller and display it in a box with rounded corners, but I am afraid that it will be to small.

Once again Martin, thanks for your help!

//Jasper

Much better :)

I would also change the color of the links to be the same as the titles. They would still look like links, but with a less default feeling. I's a tiny change, but I think it makes a difference.

Much better :)

I would also change the color of the links to be the same as the titles. They would still look like links, but with a less default feeling. I's a tiny change, but I think it makes a difference.

Thanks for the suggestion. Fixed that as well.

/Jasper

Edit: just realised that I didn't have link to ProcessWire in the footer site... That's fixed now. A few extra backlinks to ProcessWire.com won't hurt, will it?  8)

Thanks! We need all the backlinks we can get. :) Always much appreciated.

Some of my clients don't want anything to say who made the site or what it's running, so I totally understand there are many cases where it's simply not possible too.