Site copied to development server -> FieldType does not exist....

formmailer

Hi!

Yesterday I installed the Fieldtype Select (AKA Drop Down) plugin on my test site and it works fine, but when I have a development copy of the site and i restored the current database there and the filesystem is identical (the .module file is located in the \site\modules\ folder just like it does on the origianal site).

I didn't manually install the plugin on the development site, since I assumed that if the .module file was there and the database was identical, the plugin would be installed there as well. But obviously I was wrong... I get the following error:

[tt]Fatal error: Exception: Fieldtype 'FieldtypeSelect' does not exist (in D:\xampp\htdocs\shs\wire\core\Field.php line 186) #0 D:\xampp\htdocs\shs\wire\core\Field.php(82): Field->setFieldtype('FieldtypeSelect') #1 D:\xampp\htdocs\shs\wire\core\Data.php(81): Field->set('type', 'FieldtypeSelect') #2 D:\xampp\htdocs\shs\wire\core\SaveableItems.php(141): WireData->__set('type', 'FieldtypeSelect') #3 [internal function]: WireSaveableItems->___load(Object(FieldsArray)) #4 D:\xampp\htdocs\shs\wire\core\Wire.php(267): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #5 D:\xampp\htdocs\shs\wire\core\Wire.php(229): Wire->runHooks('load', Array) #6 D:\xampp\htdocs\shs\wire\core\Fields.php(133): Wire->__call('load', Array) #7 D:\xampp\htdocs\shs\wire\core\Fields.php(133): Fields->load(Object(FieldsArray)) #8 D:\xampp\htdocs\shs\wire\core\ProcessWire.php(114): Fields->init() #9 D:\xampp\htdocs\shs\wire\core\ProcessWire.php(45): ProcessWire->load(Object(Config)) #10 D:\xampp\htdocs\shs\index.php(166): ProcessWire->__construct(Object(Config)) #11 {main in D:\xampp\htdocs\shs\index.php on line 203

Exception: Fieldtype 'FieldtypeSelect' does not exist (in D:\xampp\htdocs\shs\wire\core\Field.php line 186)

#0 D:\xampp\htdocs\shs\wire\core\Field.php(82): Field->setFieldtype('FieldtypeSelect')

#1 D:\xampp\htdocs\shs\wire\core\Data.php(81): Field->set('type', 'FieldtypeSelect')

#2 D:\xampp\htdocs\shs\wire\core\SaveableItems.php(141): WireData->__set('type', 'FieldtypeSelect')

#3 [internal function]: WireSaveableItems->___load(Object(FieldsArray))

#4 D:\xampp\htdocs\shs\wire\core\Wire.php(267): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)

#5 D:\xampp\htdocs\shs\wire\core\Wire.php(229): Wire->runHooks('load', Array)

#6 D:\xampp\htdocs\shs\wire\core\Fields.php(133): Wire->__call('load', Array)

#7 D:\xampp\htdocs\shs\wire\core\Fields.php(133): Fields->load(Object(FieldsArray))

#8 D:\xampp\htdocs\shs\wire\core\ProcessWire.php(114): Fields->init()

#9 D:\xampp\htdocs\shs\wire\core\ProcessWire.php(45): ProcessWire->load(Object(Config))

#10 D:\xampp\htdocs\shs\index.php(166): ProcessWire->__construct(Object(Config))

#11 {main[/tt]

It's not a big problem to resolve this(since I probably can roll back to a previous database backup, activate the plugin, and then update the database to the latest version), but I would like to understand why file and database restore isn't sufficient.

Thanks!

/Jasper

• 9 years later...
On 10/26/2011 at 6:29 PM, ryan said:

I think it's most likely the modules cache. Delete these files and see if that fixes it?

rm /site/assets/cache/Modules.*.cache

Hello Ryan,

Does this mean that I have to empty the /site/assets/cache folder? I suddenly started getting these errors on my admin panel today and none of the pages data seems to load. Any idea why this might be happening?

Screenshot1.png

I emptied the table in caches as per another post here. It works now, However, I get this warning on my website now.

Warning: file_put_contents(/var/www/html/GF_website/admin/site/assets/cache/FileCompiler/site/templates/index.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/html/GF_website/admin/wire/core/FileCompiler.php on line 400

Any idea why this might be happening?