Template sort order in admin "Add New" dropdown menu

Joe

Hi, does anyone know by chance:

I´m trying to either change the sort order for the templates listed in the admin "Add New" drop-down menu or else set the option shown by default. (The reason: To make it as obvious as possible for inexperienced users which is the standard template they should choose for regular pages.)

Thank you

I don't think this is possible, but just in case you are not aware, you can limit the available templates to makes things simpler. I pretty much never give the user the ability to choose the template by making sure that only one option is available by using the template access and family settings.

• Like 4

Thank you adrian!

Yes, I´ve done this already and there are currently only two templates shown for the site I´m developing, "normal Page" and "Gallery Page". So I wanted "normal Page" to be shown as the pre-selected option  and the other one or any additional special pages to be reached by using the drop-down. But the Gallery template always seems to  be coming up on top. And it´s not because of the alphabetical order, I´ve renamed the templates already to see if it changes. Maybe it´s the order in which the templates were created, newest first. So far I haven´t felt like trying to access and change the database directly for an issue like this...

• 2 years later...

Hello,

I was just looking for an answer to the same question! In my case I've got four container pages that can have news pages as children (think of the container pages like categories). It would be great if I was able to sort the select field just like it's possible with the Bookmarks.

I think, a good place to implement such sorting capabilities would be the Admin -> Pages -> Add New page (admin/page/add/), as this page already lists all the possibilities. What do you think?

Yes, I've already found that function (see first screenshot attached). What I was looking for was a way to sort the pages on the second screenshot (guessing that the select order on the third screenshot will follow that order as well).

Screenshot 1: Pages Add Module Configuration

post-3387-0-68620700-1457023195_thumb.jp

Screenshot 2: /admin/page/new/

post-3387-0-67107200-1457023203_thumb.jp

Screenshot 3: the actual dialog after clicking on "Add New" -> "News"

post-3387-0-57227400-1457023207_thumb.jp