Cannot add new template

Pete

For some reason, in the latest build, when I click the button to Add New Template nothing happens and it just refreshes the template list.

Is anyone else experiencing the same thing? I can edit them fine, just cannot add new ones.

Not entirely sure how I could debug this one ???

Pete, can't duplicate here either. You might want to check with Acronis to see if she is experimenting with your templates. ;D

:P;)

Looks like I might have to try a fresh install and see if I can duplicate it there.

:(

I'm not having much luck recently!

Attached is a Firebug thingy that shows it getting a 301 error when requesting the templates/add "page" (line 2 - line 1 is presumably .htaccess reporting it's not a real file and redirecting it, line 2 shows it failing to find /add). On the working version line 2 reports a 200 Success message.

I can't think why this wouldn't work. I've got another test install set up with the same version where it works fine. I copied index.php and the wire directory over the top of the "faulty" one (seems pretty safe?) and still no joy. Tried clearing browser cache and even a different browser :(

Even replaced the .htaccess file with a fresh one just in case.

Never mind - I should have tried the golden rule of CMS systems:

"Uninstall any custom modules one by one and re-test".

Uninstalled my module that links in with the forums and I can create temlpates again. Beats me why it stopped working or even why it would even be running when adding a template! I probably need xdebug back on on my test server as well as I suspect that might have shown me the error of my ways ;)

It looks like I had tried tidying up the code in the module at the end of the night but something in some external code interfered if I included it during init - anyway, fixed some silly errors andover some code about and it's working again.

It was partially because that particular module has to rely on some third-party files that aren't written amazingly well but that I have to live with for now, but mostly because it seems I got sidetracked some weeks ago and I thought the code was working fine but can't have been.

User error strikes again ;)