Lost database after new installation?

alejandro

First of all, disclosure: using Mamp and Sequel pro for local development, but I don´t know much about Mysql, apache or databases  :-[

I was developing a site locally, mainly to learn PW. I run another PW installation to develop a different site and then the first one shows a 404 error for any page. I guess the second install broke or deleted the associated database?

No big loss, but i'd like to know where the error could came from.

Thank you!

First of all, disclosure: using Mamp and Sequel pro for local development, but I don´t know much about Mysql, apache or databases  :-[

I was developing a site locally, mainly to learn PW. I run another PW installation to develop a different site and then the first one shows a 404 error for any page. I guess the second install broke or deleted the associated database?

No big loss, but i'd like to know where the error could came from.

Thank you!

Hi, installation process asking for DB name and did not create any new database. Database must be created before PW instalation. So if you want two PW aplications, create two databases with different names and during instalation process choose what BD you want to use.

Seems to me like you were owerwrited content of your one DB.

• Like 1

Yep, i did it. I missed the field DBName... I've repeated the process assigning a pre-created database and works ok. Just one more question; do i need to create a new separate database for each site or may it be shared?

Thank you Radek