Using PW on Sourceforge

Beluga

I managed to install PW on Sourceforge, but I'm getting a 500 error for the admin url. The site outputs content without any html or body tags (using Soma's blank profile).

I tried the change in .htaccess:

# Options +FollowSymLinks
Options +SymLinksifOwnerMatch

..but it only resulted in a more verbose SF 500 error page and the site not showing. Any ideas?

I'm doing this testing because I am considering PW for a website redesign of an open source software project.

SF documentation for reference: https://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/sourceforge/wiki/Project%20web%20and%20developer%20web%20platform

What's confusing to me that you say it outputs content without html or body tags. That seems to indicate that something, somewhere is stripping them out? Seems pretty unusual. It sounds to me like whatever output buffering and markup replacement that SF might be doing needs to be turned off?

No need to use blank profile, the default profile hasn't anything that much you couldn't use and it's a perfect start. A 500 server error could be anything from .htaccess to I don't know :)

No need to use blank profile, the default profile hasn't anything that much you couldn't use and it's a perfect start. A 500 server error could be anything from .htaccess to I don't know :)

I mean it was my first time trying out your blank profile :) I've already built one small site with PW. Do you want to take a look at the Sourceforge thing, if I send you the necessary info privately? The SF web thing was a hell of a job to set up (figuring out the documentation), so I wouldn't want anyone to try and reproduce it from scratch.

It's working now, I had to set the rewrite base (uncomment)

Rewritebase /

But as I said already in the PM, the permission on those accounts for apache and ftp user seem to create problem with not allowing to delete files over ftp created by php. Common problem with shared hostings. I deleted the files on server then with a php script, and installed a fresh install 2.3 stable. It seems all working with image upload. There's seems to be some limitations with that hosting in terms of memory and so on and the sftp is slow as hell. :)

A little more infos seem to be found here: https://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/sourceforge/wiki/Project%20web%20and%20developer%20web%20platform

• Like 2

Thanks for being such a cool guy, Soma! It might take a while, but when the site is done I will post it in the Showcase forum. Design will be done by another person and I'll just try and make things smooth for him technically.