ryan Posted 4 hours ago Posted 4 hours ago I'll keep this update short because I'm currently in the airport and headed to Amsterdam. This week we've added official support for nginx and caddy to ProcessWire, among various other updates on the dev branch. I'll be in Amsterdam for a week. If any ProcessWire users are in the area and want to meet up for a coffee, beer, or a walk, please let me know. I'll be located near the Amsterdam Centraal station. 9
BrendonKoz Posted 2 hours ago Posted 2 hours ago (edited) These are some massive gains in very short timeframes, Ryan. You're blowing through requests, issues, and the like! It's quite impressive what you've accomplished in such a short time. With the extreme speed of these code changes, I do have to ask the question: With the significant speed of sweeping code changes and additions, what will be the new marker for a stable release? There's now some test coverage, but there's also such a high change rate of code, being able to declare a dev tag as stable might not be as easy since there's less time for users to test out interim changes. To be honest, I'm not terribly worried considering the new changes are expected to increase stability and code coverage, but I was curious what a new stable/master might be coming, and that then had me ask - how would stability actually be determined? 😄 Enjoy the trip to Amsterdam! Hopefully you'll see some community members and get to grab a beer or a walk, or both! Official support for nginx and SQLite are huge milestones. Edited 2 hours ago by BrendonKoz
ryan Posted 1 hour ago Author Posted 1 hour ago @BrendonKoz the current dev branch will become PW4, so a major version, probably around the end of the year. 3
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now