Page IDs

Pete

This isn't a bug, but the page numbers in a PW 2.1 installation suddenly jump from low numbers to 5000-odd. I'm guessing you were testing it with lots of content at one point ryan and then didn't reset the auto_increment in the DB?

Like I say, not a bug, but it is a weird jump in the numbers.

Did your own pages start with lower numbers and then jump into the 5k's, or did they just start in the 5k's? Hopefully they started in the 5k's, but want to double check. I'd hoped to keep a few thousand IDs reserved in the system for future needs. But you are right in your assumption in that I was testing with a lot of data at one point. I'd planned to reset it back, but ultimately didn't because I figured I'd like to keep a block of IDs as reserved for future system use. I didn't originally plan it that way, but did intentionally not reset it back when I realized there would be some benefit to keeping a block of lower IDs for system use.

My pages started n the 5k's - looking at the database on a fresh install, page 40 is the guest page, then page 5802 is test-role. It just looked a bit of an odd point for the numbers to jump at.

It's not really an issue, just looked a bit weird in the DB :)