Introducing RockCalendar: A Powerful and Flexible Calendar Module for ProcessWire

bernhard

Hey ProcessWire community!

I'm excited to introduce RockCalendar, a new calendar module that brings powerful event management capabilities to your ProcessWire sites. 

Key features include:

• Full calendar view in the ProcessWire admin
  • Easy event creation and management
  • Drag-and-drop event scheduling
  • Recurring events (SSE powered, needs RockGrid)
  • Seamless integration with ProcessWire pages and fields

I've created a detailed video walkthrough showcasing RockCalendar's features and installation process:

Check it out and let me know what you think! I'm here to answer any questions you might have about RockCalendar.

Download & Docs: https://www.baumrock.com/en/processwire/modules/rockcalendar/

Happy coding!

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @bernhard, I showed this module to a client and we want to integrate your module in an existing project.

I am talking about this site here which holds roundabout 85 "recurring event" pages:

https://www.kibis-itzehoe.de/

The site structure looks like this (just a snippet)

image.png.ebf64b252c6f8cef8388fb199f423e49.png

As far as I understand the integration of the RockCalendar module from your youtube video, my question is: What is the best practice to integrate already existing pages into the calendar without re-creating or moving them?

Right now every "event page" is actually called a "group page" (because it is a group that meets on a specific recurring date).

I understand that i have to re-adjust the recurring event details when integrating it into the RockCalendar view again. What I like to avoid is to create each of the 85 group pages as a new "event page" from the RockCalendar view in the first place. 

Hi @Stefanowitsch thx for your interesting question 🙂 

I think you have two options:

1. Create a central event calendar and manage events from there
  2. Add the calendar field to the "group" template and then manage events as children of that group, eg "AA 12 Schritte" would show a calendar and there you create "January Meetup", "February Meetup" etc.

I think the module should work for you already as it is. It has two hookable methods for modifying the events that the calendar shows on each admin page and the data that is used for each single event:

d8KpGRg.png

Maybe we need to add another hook for the endpoint that creates recurring events, as this is at the moment hardcoded to use the current page as parent of new events, but that should not be a big deal.

I think you could also combine both options: Have a calendar for every group where you manage the group's events. And have one central calendar that shows all events combined. Maybe that would be the easiest way to go, because on the combined calendar you'd have to code something that tells the calendar which group the created recurring events belong to. If you have a calendar directly on the group page then this is not necessary.

But I'm happy to help you with anything you need and I'm sure we'll make it work 🙂 

BTW: You have a design issue on your page at a special resolution:

RV0fVzP.png

• Like 2

Thanks for making this module! I've installed it on a development site along with RockGrid (for recurring events), but the RockGrid assets aren't loading. The styles and scripts are outputting paths instead of the URLs:

<link type='text/css' href='C:\Users\Craig\Documents\Projects\Code\<site>\public_html\site\modules\RockGrid/lib/tabulator.min.css?v=3.0.241' rel='stylesheet' />
	<link type='text/css' href='C:\Users\Craig\Documents\Projects\Code\<site>\public_html\site\modules\RockGrid/RockGrid.min.css?v=3.0.241' rel='stylesheet' />

<script type='text/javascript' src='C:\Users\Craig\Documents\Projects\Code\<site>\public_html\site\modules\RockGrid/lib/math.min.js?v=3.0.241'></script>
	<script type='text/javascript' src='C:\Users\Craig\Documents\Projects\Code\<site>\public_html\site\modules\RockGrid/lib/tabulator.min.js?v=3.0.241'></script>
	<script type='text/javascript' src='C:\Users\Craig\Documents\Projects\Code\<site>\public_html\site\modules\RockGrid/RockGrid.js?v=3.0.241'></script>
	<script type='text/javascript' src='C:\Users\Craig\Documents\Projects\Code\<site>\public_html\site\modules\RockGrid/scripts/buttons.js?v=3.0.241'></script>
	<script type='text/javascript' src='C:\Users\Craig\Documents\Projects\Code\<site>\public_html\site\modules\RockGrid/scripts/extensions.js?v=3.0.241'></script>

I imagine this is due to the way the rockgrid->url() function works and because it's running on Windows but not 100% sure. Would you consider changing this? The RockCalendar assets load fine 🙂