Just want to paste in Google Tag code. Why is it so hard ?

Hi, I have found myself updating a website for someone that uses processwire.  never heard of it before.  Used wordpress, shopify understand basic coding..  

I can't for the life of me figure out how to even find the code or where to place it.

This is what my admin looks like and I get nothing in way of pasting code.. ?

https://photos.onedrive.com/share/77A3951E7273EC5A!102840?cid=77A3951E7273EC5A&resId=77A3951E7273EC5A!102840&authkey=!AKeXJ6fhXR4par8&ithint=photo&e=JqfLN3

Literally no options in the admin section, am I running a basic version or what is going on ?

any help would be great.

Hey @JCVinso,
Your admin looks perfectly normal. You see all the pages of the website. From there, you can edit them (hover → edit button).
Can you explain what do you want to achieve?
What can of options do you expect to see in the admin?

7 hours ago, JCVinso said:

This is what my admin looks like and I get nothing in way of pasting code.. ?

If the developer of your website hasn't implemented such a feature, you won't be able to find it. ProcessWire will only let you do things that the developer thought were a good idea. And many developers will probably think that letting the client insert untrusted code is not a good idea...

7 hours ago, JCVinso said:

I can't for the life of me figure out how to even find the code or where to place it.

You'll find the code of the website on the server. Usually you can connect via FTP or some hosting providers have web based file management tools. From there it should be quite easy to find the file to put the code into. Usually it will be in the /site/templates folder. If you have a _main.php file there this will most likely hold the main markup of your website that all pages use. If not you can open /site/templates/home.php or /site/templates/basic-page.php and inspect the code there. If those files all have something like <?= include('sections/footer.php') ?> you'd put your markup in one of the included files that get's included by all templates.

• Like 6

21 hours ago, JCVinso said:

Literally no options in the admin section, am I running a basic version or what is going on ?

And all I can think is: "Wow... that's a super nice and clean backend he build there!"

But yes. It can be confusing to see how simple (as in clean and streamlined) things can be.

• Like 4

Hi, I have requested ftp access from the person who gave me access to the process wire admin.   All I want is to add google tag code.  Thats it.

Cheers!