Page publish by multisite url

nexuspolaris

Hello!

I've built a website with the multisite method Option #1: https://processwire.com/docs/more/multi-site-support/

The site has four different domains. I want to set certain child pages published or unpublished for each domains.

For example, in the page structure there are Page#1, Page#2, Page#3 with same templates.

I want the Page#1 is published in domain#1 and unpublished in domain#2 and domain#3.  The Page#2 is published in domain#3 and unpublished in domain#1 and domain#3. And so on.

Can I do this with PW API?  I've just created a multi choice checkbox field in the page's template for each domains, but I don't know how to set this function.

Hi @nexuspolaris

with only option 1 you cannot simply edit data for different sites. See note at the disadvantages: 

• Sites can't easily share data with each other, since they are running independently from one another.

But you still have two options (as far as I can tell):

9 hours ago, androbey said:

Hi @nexuspolaris

with only option 1 you cannot simply edit data for different sites. See note at the disadvantages: 

But you still have two options (as far as I can tell):

@androbey I forgot to mention that the four sites use the same database in same PW install and with different site folder. So I can set up a different theme for each site.

I will check the multi instance feature. I am thinking about to set up more unpublished status four each domain with PW API.

On 2/19/2024 at 2:07 PM, androbey said:

You mentioned you are using option 1 from here https://processwire.com/docs/more/multi-site-support/

But if you follow option 1 you would have a separate db for all four sites. What are you doing to have only one db, are you using any module? 

The four websites do the same thing, search for companies in a specific regions. The search function based on Ryan's skyscraper profile. 

I use multisite Option #1 because I wanted the four sites data could be modified with one login. I tried Option #2 with multisite module but the search function didn't work in child pages.

Now what I want that switching the companies active or inactive by certain url or sites.