funny little zip problem

virtualgadjo

Hi,

i just ran into a problem i've never ran into before (pw 3.0.229)
in a files field i've allowed mp4 and zip as extensions,
i was able to upload a 134Mo mp4 file; fast and easy
when i tried to uplaod a simple 33Mo zip file, it took the file but once the loading bar complete the little turning loader to the left never stop turning and the file has never been uploaded, i had to give up

of course i didn't check the unzip zip file checkbox and maybe this is the problem, is pw waiting for unzipping the file, what i don't want, instead of simply uploading it? (number of files allowed on 0 just in case but not useful in this case)
this funny idea comes from the fact that if i do exactly the same thing with a rar file (same weight, same content, extension allowed), one second later, everything is ok

any enlighting advice would be very welcome πŸ™‚

have a nice day

That json parse error should have the info we need to know, it's probably appendind/prepending an error message and that's why the JSON.parse on the response. If you can get to the plain text response, let me know what it's got.

before i can find this parse error, something funny is this
image.png.dae5fd50af893c7087f1c51d0e7715d1.png

knowing the there are two othr files in this same field, a rar and a pdf, this 404 error sounds really funny
i'll test the same thing once on the domain instead of the subdomain (which is in the config.php file of course) but i hardly understand this error exclusively for this zip file... i've tried with another one and it worked
filename of the guilty dossier-de-presse.zip - press-kit in french so no filename issue and dossier-de-presse.rar (same content) took a second to be uploaded)

i'm wondering if it's a problem with the file content, images with very long names that pw tries to read when it can't in a rar, well, i should stop or i'm going to wonder if the earth is really rounded 🀣🀣🀣

have a nice end of day

• Like 1

hi,

well, a few tests later, the problem realy comes from the file itself or more, its content
i've tried with some as heavy other zip files and it works fine, i have to stay with my curious idea, pw reads the zip and if a file inside is a problem, probably too long name or unknown mime type, it, i should say he coming to pw πŸ™‚ stops working on a linux server, funny but maybe a good security thing even if in this case, its just pdf and images but maybe some of the images are not that well created and/or named

anyway, @elabx thanks a lot for having took time to help me πŸ™‚

have a nice day

hi again,

i comfirm, i've opened all the images in photoshop, saved them again with a lowercase extension and a good filetype, the zip is a little heavier than it was when i recieved it (42 instead of 32Mo) and it worked within a second or two, pw does read the zip content and doesn't like weird files inside even if just images

thanks again for your time and i hope this could help other ones running into the same kind of question

have a nice day