Module that forces changes to page title to update page name field

Tyssen

I've inherited a PW site that has something installed which forces changes to the page title field to update the page name field under the settings tab too, and vice versa.

The site does have the Connect Page Fields installed but title and name aren't set as connected fields. It also has Custom Inputfield Dependencies installed but that doesn't look like it would do this.

Anyone have any other ideas what might be causing it? Because I'd like to turn it off.

Just now, Tyssen said:

I think the issue may be that there are hard-coded links to some pages in templates.

So long as PagePathHistory is enabled, this shouldn't matter, but probably better to change those to get the pages by ID rather than name / url anyway.

I don't think I am alone in my belief that page titles should match page names in almost all cases and it's too hard to expect site editors to remember to change the name when they update the title, hence my module.

Just now, Tyssen said:

Not necessarily. Page title might be terms and conditions, but you don't really want the page name being /terms-and-conditions/

Agreed, that is why I said in almost all cases :)

That is also why the module has lots of options for respecting existing differences and excluding certain pages / templates from its effects etc. It's definitely worth playing with :)

• Like 1