Page Find (lister) not working - 'Error retrieving results: [object Object]'

prestoav

PW: 3.0.210
Lister: 0.2.6
PHP: 7.4

One of my sites has stopped displaying any results with the Pages > Find function in admin. This is a new thing without doing any code or module updates as far as I can tell so possibly a hosting change has brought it about.

It doesn't matter what I search for (or even if no terms are filled out) I get the same error - 'Error retrieving results: [object Object]'
image.thumb.png.0dba501ed75a671aaf39e023791bab00.png

Has anyone else encountered this and / or have any ideas as to how to fix it?

Thanks in advance!

I personally have not experienced this, but the very first question that comes to mind is whether you've checked the logs generated in site/assets/logs to determine if there's any additional insight found there. Similarly - and a bit easier - if you've checked your browser's console for any errors while performing this task in case there are errors reported there.

@BrendonKoz Thanks for you reply.

I did check the logs and they were all clear.

Checking the console though (I really should have thought of that...) did reveal a 404. However, the file that report as a 404 is /admin/page/lister:1 which is the page itself rather than a recourse file.

image.png.22d1f6dababeade3bb2d2903bd9bfb55.png

Just to be sure, I have also now replaced the entire wire directory with the one from my local copy which works just fine by the issue remains.

I've now found another new issue. When first logging into admin I get this error:

image.thumb.png.9989d1ff3641a1be2f36919157acd0a2.png

If I then go to the page tree things go back to normal?

That's definitely strange. No recent modification date on index or htaccess (modrewrite) files for the site? It's strange that only lister seems to be affected.

The (query string in the) full path when you login is different than the full path when you load the page tree. There might be something strange there too, but it's sometimes easier to focus on one thing than multiple.

I am honestly not entirely sure what to recommend at this point, based on the provided symptoms. Have you reached out to the server maintainers to see if anything had recently been changed?

EDIT: If your local version works fine, maybe download a backup of the live site and compare the files (diff), or just run it locally and see if it's reproducible on your own development server. If it is, it's probably easier to diagnose there anyway.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BrendonKoz said:

That's definitely strange. No recent modification date on index or htaccess (modrewrite) files for the site? It's strange that only lister seems to be affected.

The (query string in the) full path when you login is different than the full path when you load the page tree. There might be something strange there too, but it's sometimes easier to focus on one thing than multiple.

I am honestly not entirely sure what to recommend at this point, based on the provided symptoms. Have you reached out to the server maintainers to see if anything had recently been changed?

EDIT: If your local version works fine, maybe download a backup of the live site and compare the files (diff), or just run it locally and see if it's reproducible on your own development server. If it is, it's probably easier to diagnose there anyway.

Hi again,

Many thanks for your hints, with your help I think I have tracked down the original issue. 

I copied in a new version of the Procache directives tot he .htaccess file recently and that seems to be the issue. I may have copied them incorrectly so I'm not saying it's the code but reversing to an older version of the .htaccess resolved the Lister issue.

The login issue 'Unrecognised path' still remains though.

Thanks for your help and the hint in the .htaccess date change!

• Like 1