Website for amateur musical theatre group

Kiwi Chris

https://www.bmt.net.nz/

This project began as a project to convert a 20 year old Microsoft Access membership and musical production database to a cloud based system. I completed that over a year ago, but then the organisation realised they wanted a new website, and much of the data was already in the system I'd built for them to manage their membership and shows.

Building the public frontend required adding a few more fields on the backend, and reorganising some of the data, but most of it was there already.

I've used Lister Pro extensively in this project and it's also my first project using RockMigrations. RockMigrations has proved really helpful in adding new fields, testing, then applying to the live site, and although there's a bit of work to go, the aim is to use RockMigrations to enable the whole setup to be installed as a module on top of a clean ProcessWire installation, as I suspect the setup should be useful for other groups, either with or without customisation of the frontend.

Other modules I used were Formbuilder Pro for a membership form, Import Pages from CSV (to import exported data from Access database), Wiremail Gmail, to enable emailing to gmail addresses.

I also wrote a custom dashboard module and updater.

I wrote a modified version of the ListerPro action Send Email to enable sending HTML formatted emails.

• Like 8

• 5 months later...
On 10/11/2023 at 1:13 AM, MSP01 said:

Your pages homepage took more than 5 minutes to load.

That's weird, site loaded fast for me with cache cleared  (ie under a second). I have had some periodic issues with warnings about high server load that I haven't been able to identify yet. It might be another site that's causing performance issues and slowing the server down temporarily. There are only a handful on the server, and most are tiny, but thanks for the heads up. I'll see if I can get to the bottom of it.

Seems to be back to normal now, about 8 seconds this time. About 3 seconds of that is two .js files and one .json that are giving 404 though.

I was a little shocked first time I opened the page, had a serious 14.4 Kb modem flashback. 😅