ProcessWire vs Wordpress: The answers for your clients questions πŸ€–

flydev

A friend of mine has changed his job, he owns a video game room, he now "develops" websites, I could see a result, and the tools used, I prefer to keep quiet here (it's in the title). I have to interfere in his conversion process before it's too late: Have the right habits, keep in mind that the goal is to help the client to improve the conversion of his business through his website, and thus to make more money rather than losing it. Otherwise, what's the point, an instagram or facebook page would have been enough.

So I wanted to make a synthesis of the arguments to make him take into account,Β I also saw an old forum thread that came up recently, so I wanted to ask a neutral "person" (person.. lol) what she think. I have the impression that the arguments are those already exposed in the answers given to these threads. In short, a good synthesis, I think, and non-biased, I hope.

As always, the same question, "How to convince my client to use Processwire instead Wordpress?"

Β 

When trying to convince your client to use Processwire instead of WordPress, it's important to highlight the long-term benefits of using the platform. Some of these benefits include:

Flexibility: Processwire is more flexible and customizable than WordPress, which can be limiting in terms of design and functionality.

Security: Processwire has a strong focus on security, with regular security updates and a community of developers who are constantly working to improve the platform's security.

Ease of use: While Processwire may have a steeper learning curve than WordPress, it's still relatively easy to use and manage, especially for those with some web development experience.

Performance: Processwire is known for its performance and speed, which can be especially important for larger websites or those with high traffic.

About cost, it's worth noting that while Processwire may require a slightly higher initial investment than WordPress, it can ultimately save money in the long run due to its flexibility and ease of use. Additionally, the platform is open source, which means there are no licensing fees or ongoing costs.

When it comes to security, it's important to emphasize to the client that the consequences of a security breach can be significant and costly. A security breach can result in sensitive data being stolen or compromised, which can damage the company's reputation and lead to legal liabilities. It can also result in the loss of revenue due to downtime or lost customers.

Therefore, it's crucial to work with experienced developers who prioritize security and have a track record of delivering high-quality products. A reputable agency with a focus on security will have experienced developers who are trained in secure coding practices, and will perform regular security audits and testing to ensure the site is secure.

When comparing costs, it's important to emphasize to the client that investing in experienced developers and secure coding practices can ultimately save money in the long run by preventing security breaches and downtime, which can lead to lost revenue and legal liabilities. While it may require a higher initial investment, the long-term benefits can outweigh the initial costs.

Overall, it's important to prioritize security when building a website, and to work with experienced developers who have a focus on security and can deliver a secure, high-quality product that meets the client's needs.

When it comes to plugins, it's important to note that while there may not be as many plugins available for Processwire as there are for WordPress, the platform has a strong community of developers who create high-quality, secure plugins that can be used to extend the platform's functionality. Additionally, many popular WordPress plugins have Processwire equivalents, so it's worth exploring these options with the client.

Yours sincerely,

GPT πŸ€–

• Like 4

I had to give it another spin/try.

Reasons to convince a developer or web design agency:

Spoiler

a. Template freedom: ProcessWire allows developers to create custom templates using their preferred coding languages and methodologies, offering greater design freedom and flexibility.

b. Easy-to-use selectors: ProcessWire's powerful and easy-to-use selectors make it simple for developers to query and manipulate content on the site.

c. Hooks and events system: ProcessWire provides a hooks and events system that allows developers to easily extend the core functionality without modifying the core files, ensuring a cleaner and more maintainable codebase.

d. Granular permissions control: ProcessWire's permissions system allows for precise control over user roles and access, enabling developers to create secure, tailored experiences for different users.

e. Minimal learning curve: Compared to other CMS platforms, ProcessWire's straightforward approach and well-documented API make it easy for developers to learn and start using quickly.

f. Built-in image manipulation: ProcessWire offers built-in image manipulation features, saving developers time and effort when working with images on the site.

g. Customizable admin interface: The ProcessWire admin interface can be easily customized to meet the specific needs of the project, providing a more streamlined and efficient workflow for developers.

h. Less reliance on plugins: ProcessWire's core features and functionality reduce the reliance on plugins, resulting in a more stable and secure website.

i. Regular updates and improvements: ProcessWire receives regular updates and improvements, ensuring that the platform remains modern, secure, and efficient.

j. Strong community support: ProcessWire's active community of developers and users can provide valuable insights, support, and resources, helping to improve development skills and solve challenges more effectively.

Reasons to convince a client:

Spoiler

a. Grows with your business: ProcessWire is designed to grow and adapt with your company as it expands, making it a great choice for small businesses with big ambitions.

b. Tailor-made content: With ProcessWire, you can create custom content that perfectly fits your business needs, like showcasing your products or services, making your website more engaging and user-friendly.

c. Connects with your favorite tools: ProcessWire makes it easy to integrate your website with other tools and services you already use, helping your business run more smoothly.

d. Speak your customers' language: ProcessWire offers built-in support for multiple languages, which is essential if you want to reach customers around the world.

e. Unique website design: Unlike WordPress, ProcessWire doesn't limit your website design options, so you can create a truly unique and custom look that sets you apart from the competition.

f. Keep track of website changes: ProcessWire helps you keep track of changes made to your website and easily undo them if needed, giving you peace of mind.

g. Quick content updates: Updating your website content is fast and simple with ProcessWire, which means you can keep your website fresh and current with minimal effort.

h. Attract more visitors: ProcessWire helps your website rank higher in search results, making it easier for potential customers to find you online.

i. Supportive community: ProcessWire has a friendly and active community that can help you troubleshoot any issues you might encounter, making it easier to manage and maintain your website. (Note: I think this one is a bit wonky as clients don't bother with the system on this level.)

j. Save money in the long run: Choosing ProcessWire for your website can result in lower long-term maintenance costs compared to a WordPress site, thanks to its efficient and streamlined design.

Β 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Suggesting ProcessWire to your boss. It tend to be similar to answers above, maybe she mean your boss could be your client πŸ‘€πŸ€ͺ

β€”-

Simple:

I can provide you with some key points and resources that you can use to build your own compelling argument in favor of ProcessWire over WordPress. You can use these points to create a presentation, write an article, or as a guide for discussion.

1. Flexibility and Customizability:
ProcessWire is known for its flexibility and customizability, making it an ideal choice for projects that require a tailored approach. It allows developers to build custom data structures and tailor the admin interface to suit the specific needs of the project.

2. Simplified Template System:
ProcessWire's template system is simple and straightforward, providing developers with the freedom to create custom templates with ease. Unlike WordPress, there is no need for complex themes, which can make site development and maintenance more efficient.

3. Security:
ProcessWire has a strong emphasis on security, with built-in protection against common web attacks such as SQL injection and cross-site scripting (XSS). WordPress, on the other hand, can be vulnerable to security issues due to its popularity and the use of third-party plugins.

4. Performance:
ProcessWire is known for its fast performance, as it uses an efficient API to access content. This can result in faster page load times, a better user experience, and improved SEO.

5. Developer-friendly:
ProcessWire's API is powerful and easy to learn, which can lead to a more efficient development process. It provides a cleaner and more organized code structure, making it easier for developers to maintain and update the website.

6. Supportive Community:
ProcessWire has an active and supportive community that can provide help and resources when needed. Although smaller than the WordPress community, it is known for being welcoming and helpful to newcomers.

β€”-

Business focused answer:

Here are some business and financial-focused arguments for choosing ProcessWire over WordPress:

1. Lower Total Cost of Ownership (TCO):
ProcessWire's flexibility and customizability can lead to a lower TCO. Since it is easier to develop and maintain custom solutions, your company may require fewer third-party plugins, themes, and external resources, which can reduce ongoing costs.

2. Faster Development Time:
ProcessWire's straightforward template system and powerful API can speed up the development process, allowing your team to deliver projects more quickly. This can result in reduced labor costs and a faster time-to-market, giving your company a competitive edge.

3. Improved Site Performance and User Experience:
Better site performance and user experience can lead to higher conversion rates, better user engagement, and improved SEO rankings. ProcessWire's performance advantages can directly contribute to increased revenue and profitability for your business.

4. Reduced Security Risks:
Since ProcessWire has a strong emphasis on security, your company can minimize the risks associated with data breaches, cyberattacks, and website downtime. This can save your business from potential financial losses, legal liabilities, and damage to your brand reputation.

5. Scalability:
ProcessWire is highly scalable, making it suitable for businesses that plan to grow and evolve over time. Its flexible architecture allows you to easily adapt and expand your website as your needs change, without having to invest in a complete overhaul.

6. Easier Staff Training and Onboarding:
ProcessWire's developer-friendly API and clean code structure make it easier for new staff members to learn and become productive quickly. This can lead to reduced training costs and faster integration of new team members, further improving your company's efficiency.

7. Long-term Investment:
By choosing ProcessWire, your company is investing in a platform that is built for long-term success. Its flexibility and customizability ensure that your website can evolve with your business needs, reducing the likelihood of needing to switch platforms or undertake costly redevelopment projects in the future.

When presenting these points to your boss, make sure to emphasize how ProcessWire's features can translate into financial savings, revenue growth, and a stronger competitive position for your company. Tailor your arguments to your organization's specific needs and goals to make the most compelling case possible.

πŸ¦ΎπŸ€–

• Like 4

• 1 month later...