New page

jamienk

Hi,

From the PW admin, when I create a "new" child page, I'm first prompted to create a 'title' and 'name' before being sent to the fuller template. Can I by-pass this screen? Our "title" and "name" fields are auto-generated based on other field values, so it's a bit confusing to have to type something here...

Thanks

-Jamie

ProcessWire needs that screen, for the reasons mentioned in the thread JeffS linked. 

But automatically generated title and name fields in your case would mean your installation may not need it. So long as you understand that ProcessWire needs to have a page that exists in the DB before ProcessPageEdit operates on it, you can replace ProcessPageAdd with your own Process that does whatever you want. 

The way you go about it is to copy /wire/modules/Process/ProcessPageAdd/* to /site/modules/ProcessPageAddCustom/. Then rename the files in that new directory to reflect the directory name (i.e. ProcessPageAddCustom.module rather than ProcessPageAdd.module). Likewise, edit the module file and edit the class name to be the same. You now have a new module. In PW admin, go to Modules > Check for new modules. Click install for your new ProcessPageAddCustom module.

Now edit the 'add' page in the admin by going to Pages > Admin > Pages > Add Page. Change the 'process' field from ProcessPageAdd to ProcessPageAddCustom. You are now in control of whatever happens on that 'add' screen. In your case, you may want to make your ProcessPageAddCustom.module auto-generate the page and then $session->redirect("../edit/?id=$page->id") to edit the page immediately.

• Like 1