Non-superuser with the padloper-shop permission can't edit products

Spinbox

Hi @Spinbox,

The usual ProcessWire page view, edit, add, etc. permissions apply. The generic 'padloper-shop' permission will not cover all use cases especially since Padloper pages are live under admin in the pages tree. I suggest you create a role(s) for your use case and apply the appropriate permissions to this role. Please see roles and permissions docs for detailed information Please note that although those docs also detail how to use the API, you can use the ProcessWire GUI to accomplish this task. This:

Roles are assigned to users, but they are also assigned to templates that have access control enabled. As stated earlier, this is how you limit access (view, edit, create, add, etc.) to certain pages, or groups of pages, in your site. By default, access control is not enabled for a template. When not enabled, pages using the template inherit access from the closest parent page that has access control enabled.

might be handy. Perhaps you can target the top most parent page with a padloper template, i.e. /shop/padloper/. It uses the template 'padloper'

Hope this helps, otherwise let me know if you get stuck.

• Like 1