Set Page Reference to page itself

FlorianA

Hi all,

I have defined a Page Reference field for the "role" template with the referenced template being "role", too. Now, when I try to select such a role reference for a certain role page, the currently edited role won't be shown in the selection list. Isn't it possible to define a page reference which refers to the current page itself?

Florian

im not getting why are you trying to reference a page on itself, any data that you might get in the reference already exists in the page itself, this is like calling yourself on the phone, could you explain what are you trying to achieve with this?

14 hours ago, Laikmosh said:

im not getting why are you trying to reference a page on itself, any data that you might get in the reference already exists in the page itself, this is like calling yourself on the phone, could you explain what are you trying to achieve with this?

The field is called "user_visible_by" and says that only users with one of the referenced roles are allowed to see users with the current role. In most cases, users should be allowed to see users with their own roles, but not always, so it is necessary to define if users with a certain role are visible by users with the same role. As a stopgap, I could add a separate checkbox for this, but this won't be so elegant ...

4 hours ago, FlorianA said:

The field is called "user_visible_by" and says that only users with one of the referenced roles are allowed to see users with the current role. In most cases, users should be allowed to see users with their own roles, but not always, so it is necessary to define if users with a certain role are visible by users with the same role. As a stopgap, I could add a separate checkbox for this, but this won't be so elegant ...

Well in this case an alternative would be to create a role called "Self", and include in your logic that any role that can be seen by the "Self" role, is shown to any user with the same role, maybe not as elegant as having the role itself named on the lista, but it could get the job done, as Ivan's link mentions, it is not possible to have a page that references itself, but this could be a workaround