Debug bar not showing in 4.21.41

MoritzLost

Hi @adrian, I just updated a site to 4.21.41 and now the debug bar won't show up for me at all. Not sure why, it was working before. I tried everything I could think of:

• Logged out and logged back in.
  • Cleared all my cookies, local storage etc.
  • Uninstalled the module and reinstalled it.
  • Cleared the FileCompiler cache.
  • Checked all settings.

I've attached a couple of screenshots of my settings. Any ideas?

EDIT: For now I've manually downgraded to 4.21.39, and the debug bar immediately showed up again. So it really looks like a problem with the latest release.

Screenshot 2021-02-08 at 10.09.26.png

Screenshot 2021-02-08 at 10.09.46.png

Screenshot 2021-02-08 at 10.09.57.png

Hi @MoritzLost - sorry about this. I have copied your settings and can't reproduce the issue - I think it might be related to the new "restrict superusers" option I added for Pete, but can you please let me know if you are running this site on a local dev environment or remote server? Also, does checking "force superuser into development mode" fix it?

• Like 1

@adrian Hmm, curious. I've tested on both a live site and a development site, no debug bar on 4.21.41 on either of them. However, our development environment is a local server with a real URL protected by HTTP basic auth, so I don't think the module's localhost detection will work in any case. I've tried both "force superusers into development mode" and "force guest users into development mode", but the debug bar still won't appear. As soon as I upgraded it disappeared, as soon as I switch back to the older version it appears again. Any other ideas? ?