Membership site with ProcessWire

Jozsef

I need to create a membership site where someone can buy a product and later activate a yearly membership in their account.

How all of you approach building a membership site? Is custom development the only way around?
I've been searching these forums a lot but couldn't really find much guidance.

So this is what I want to achieve:

• User can register an account (LoginRegisterPro can handle that)
  • User can buy a membership for 1, 2 or 5 years in their accounts and pay by Stripe
  • They can also redeem a code for a membership
  • They can renew their membership later (doesn't need to be recurring payment)
  • They can have multiple memberships in their accounts
  • plus reminder emails on expiry

I can do that using the API of course but I was hoping there's an easier way.
Do you use an integration for that, can Padloper be helpful here, or everyone are just developing their own solution?

• Like 1

Is this interface for the front-end or admin? How many products? If only a few then you can code it yourself (Buy Now buttons are the easiest to implement)

3 hours ago, Jozsef said:

User can register an account (LoginRegisterPro can handle that)

Yes it can.

User can buy a membership for 1, 2 or 5 years in their accounts and pay by Stripe

Can be accomplished with buy now buttons.

They can also redeem a code for a membership

Is this a free account for one of the duration terms? ie, coupon code for 1 year, another coupon for 2 year...

They can renew their membership later (doesn't need to be recurring payment)

This is the default behavior of online payments.

They can have multiple memberships in their accounts

Why would one account need a 1-year and 5-year membership concurrently?

plus reminder emails on expiry

This can easily be coded.

I don't know anything more about your site and your goals so my answers are over simplified.

@rick, I'll need to build an account dashboard for the users but it would be front end.
They need multiple subscriptions because it will be a subscription tied to a product. They can purchase multiple products and the subscriptions will belong to their serial numbers. Just like you would have multiple mobile phone subscriptions under your single user account, each with it's own billing date.
But because of the nature of the service they don't want it to auto-renew, so if they don't renew manually, the service will lapse. With the same analogy, like a prepaid mobile phone.

Coupon code: the product will come with a free membership for the first 1 2 or 5 years but it must not start until they register the serial number of the product. Also, the product user might be different than the one purchased it.

Again, I can build it in Processwire I was just wondering if I could reuse something that's already done for parts of this process.
There are many membership plugins for Wordpress but I try to avoid that trouble. There's nothing of this nature for Processwire, just like there's no complete ecommerce plugin (until Kongondo reveals his, at least).

I just don't want to reinvent the wheel if someone has any pointers for something already in existence.

• Like 1