Comments mixing together in Multi-Language site

Edison

I am developing a multi-language site using PW 3.0.123 starting from Uikit 3 Site/Blog Profile. Of course Language Support modules are enabled.

Normally in multi-language sites, comments placed in a page (ie: an article in English) are not showing in its translated pages (ie: the same article in Spanish), and viceversa.

Unfortunately it seems that PW comments system is mixing all the comments together without considering the language version of the page where they have been submitted.

The result is that in the English page you will see also the comments made to the same page in other languages (Spanish, Swedish, etc), which is quite bad.

At a first sight I have the impression that FieldComments is not supporting multi-language (I hope to be wrong!). 

Looking inside the database, field-comments table has only one 'data' field and not multiple 'dataXXXX' fields as if it would be multi-language.

This makes me think that FieldComments is not able to associate a comment to the language version of a page.

Has somebody any suggestions how could I make it work? Thank you!

You could try the language-alternate fields method.

It works pretty well with images, maybe it works with the comment field as well.

On the other hand... why is it so bad to have a discussion in several languages below an article? It's actually the same content only in different languages. So why hide opionions that are in another language? But hey... it's your project. ? 

• Like 1

Thank you! Sure I will give a try to language-alternate fields, they seem promising.

But you are right... discussion in several languages below an article may not be so bad ? ... I will seriously think about! ?

• 2 weeks later...