Language auto-translation with Deepl.com

Knubbi

Deepl is an AI based language translation service which totally wipes the floor with Google Translate. A totally different ballgame. We can translate our documentation with only very little manual adjustments.

Try the online translator. The quality will blow you away.

They offer an API which perhaps could be used to make a Processwire module which could be an awesome win-win deal: Users could translate their webpage in unparalleled quallity with a click of a button. Prices seem to be reasonable with €20 for 1M chars translation (Perhaps, they offer an affiliate revenue sharing with the Processwire module maker).

What do you think? I would do on my own if I would not be a dual-lefthander regarding module dev.

I am absolutely not affiliated with Deepl. Currently, I have to waste my life with copying from Processwire pages to Deepl and pasting back the translation to the other language tabs.

• Like 1

Definetly, the quality of DeepL is double, triple or quadruple the quality of g**gle translate.

Regarding the API usage, what is a pro or paid feature, I understand it as a monthly price of 20 €, (but only up to 1.000.000 words), what results in a yearly cost of 240 € per user, regardless if you translate 12.000.000 or 0 words.

2 hours ago, horst said:

Definetly, the quality of DeepL is double, triple or quadruple the quality of g**gle translate.

Regarding the API usage, what is a pro or paid feature, I understand it as a monthly price of 20 €, (but only up to 1.000.000 words), what results in a yearly cost of 240 € per user, regardless if you translate 12.000.000 or 0 words.

Minimum term is one month, so € 20. But I agree, licensing is less than optimal.