input field type "select" cannot remove "parent" once selected

neosin

Maybe this is by design?

I created a input field type "select" and in the "selectable page" > "parents" I chose an option but now I want to remove it and use "template" instead.

The issue I have is that I cannot remove the parent since there is no option to do so.

I only want to use the "template" option, how can I remove the "parent" selected and only use "template"?

it seems once I set a parent (for testing) there is no way to deselect using parents.

However i am able to create fields with "selectable page > template" and no parent as long as I never choose a parent and save.5abd2ffcbbabf_Screenshot-2018-3-29EditFieldstream_encoder127001.png.0b3350a3a72a394caa12b232201d1300.png

In the image above you can see I have "Encoders" set as the parent but I wish to remove this and only use the template. The problem is there is no way to remove the "encoders" parent once it has been selected, only can change the value not remove it completely.

Just click on the "Change" button and hover over the currently selected page in the tree. The "unselect" button will pop out next to it. It's a bit hard to find, especially using the UIKit admin theme.

• Like 4