Looking for a tourguide

Andrew Means

Hey all -

I'm just getting started with Processwire and I'm pretty excited about what I've seen so far. However I have a lot of small questions and I'd love to be able to bug somebody about them without listing them all here as separate threads.

My skype handle is randunivac & my gchat handle is andrewembassy if anyone wants to volunteer to let me pick their brain.

A little about me - I run two small design companies, Réunion and Transom Labs; I somehow manage to straddle the line between designer and developer, and really enjoy getting deep into PHP/MySQL as much as HTML/CSS/jQuery and Illustrator and Photoshop. I'm self-taught and over the past 5 years have developed a CMS called Versa, oddly similar to Processwire in many respects. It shared many of the same features (hierarchical menu structure, it handled all the MYSQL, etc.) It works well for my smaller clients but I don't have the time to make it into a truly enterprise-level system for some of my larger clients, nor do I have the time to support it and make open source. So I'm in search of a solution with a good community of developers and a solid foundation to build on.

Like I said, I really like what I've seen so far with Processwire and if I decide to use it I expect I'll be submitting lots of new feature requests and modules. I would love to pick somebody's brain about it over phone/skype/gchat if anybody has a minute!

Andrew