Guest User Submission 'problem'

netcarver

Just stumbled on something unexpected, if not problematic, in the admin interface.

I was looking at the guest user page accessed via the Admin > Access > Users > guest route and I hit the save button *without* making a single edit. Interestingly, I got the following messages about the result of that save...

• [tick] Change: roles
  • [tick] Saved Page: /processwire/access/users/guest/
  • [cross] The guest role is required

...which isn't exactly what I'd have expected having made no changes. I've checked with others in the chatroom and they are seeing the same thing.

This seems similar to something that I found the other day regarding PW not 'keeping' the checked status of submitted checkboxes if they have the 'disabled' attribute set. As it looks like the roles checkboxes are all disabled for the guest user that might be why it's picking up a change.

None of the Inputfields actually support the disabled attribute. When I use it, it's really only for the visual and nothing more. In this case, you are getting the message because the guest role is required and its just adding it back. It's an unnecessary message, though is revealing exactly what you've mentioned (disabled attribute isn't actually supported). Seems like it would be worthwhile to make all Inputfields support eventually (and probably easy to do), so will add this to my list.

• Like 1