ML in certain branches of page tree

adrian

Hey guys,

Just about to do my first ML work and feeling like a bit of a noob :)

I have a site with several branches with the same templates and similar content but each one will have different language requirements - some will be English only, but the first ML one will be both English and Portuguese. Future branches will probably be English and Spanish and then who knows what others might be.

I am wondering if there is a way to hide unnecessary languages from the branches that don't need them. I will need this to work for page names, titles, and all other fields. I will be making use of the ML features of the Profields Table field too, if that has any impact on how to make this work.

Thanks for any ideas - maybe it's very easy and I just didn't RTFM properly :)

• Like 1

Thinking this through I think I would like to add a page field (checkboxes) on the parent page of each branch that is linked to the list of installed languages so I can specify which language field inputs should be available to all child pages in this branch. Now the catch is finding the hook that determines the languages to list. This may need to work with both multi-language fields and language alternate fields, although I am not sure about this yet.

I haven't scoured thoroughly yet, but does anyone know the best hook for this? 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...