Strange core modules error

dragan

From time to time, I get error messages from the server like these:

Page: http://domain.com/?/

User: ?

Error:
Call to a member function prepare() on a non-object (line 227 of /home/foo/public_html/wire/core/Modules.php)

Does anybody know what could cause this? And how to fix it? The frontend and backend works just fine. What's that strange URL-segment all about: /?/

PW 2.3.8

When I check the front- and backend, there are no error messages showing up, and everything works just fine.

These warnings come via email with a subject line "ProcessWire Error Notification" and the message I posted above.

I received 5 of these eight hours ago, within a time-frame of 2-3 minutes. I'm just slightly worried if anyone tries to hack the site. Or perhaps it's a bug somewhere that needs fixing. But after googling around, I didn't find any related topics / infos.

The only thing I found out so far, is that a LazyCron file in site/assets/cache has been modified at the same time these error messages popped up. I guess that's the culprit. Apart from the site/assets/cache/LazyCron.cache and the error log file, the rest on the filesystem is unchanged.

You have a lazycron running? Maybe there's something going wrong? If you don't find anything wrong but the code is not too important you could comment it out to see if the error still shows up..