Reusing ProcessPageList

seanmvincent

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to make an admin page dedicated to listing a certain part of the page tree (it contains pages representing categories). I can create the admin page easy enough but am having trouble reusing the ProcessPageList module to list just the part of the page tree I want (my "categories"). I thought it would be simple seeing as though you can easily specify a root id for the ProcessPageList module - but I can't get it working!

So far I have simply copied the ProcessPageList module to my modules directory and renamed the files and classes etc to CategoryList. I've then installed it in the admin and assigned it's process to my admin page. But, as I said, it isn't workin (it doesn't show ANY page tree let alone the ones I want).

I know that I could technically use bookmarks, but the users of the site would find it easier to not have to think of the categories as pages. It doesn't make sense to them.

Can anyone help?

Thanks @cstevensjr I'll check it out. I still want to have a separate admin page for them to use though (rather than the usual "Pages" page). So I'd have to modify this in some way so it doesn't affect the regular list and only my "Categories" list. Maybe?