List children of hidden parent in sitemap

Neo

I am sure this issue came up before. Unfortunately, I was not able to find it via the search function or Google.

I have a parent page ("portfolio") that has many children ("portfolio-item"). I am using the XML Sitemap module to generate a sitemap:

"The module ignores any hidden pages and their children, assuming that since you don't want these to be visible on the site then you don't want them to be found via search engines either."

The parent needs to be excluded from the menu and the sitemap (Status - Hidden: Excluded from lists and searches), but the children pages should still show up and be listed in the sitemap.

Any idea how to implement this?

Hello Neo,

you could approach this different and make the parent page "portfolio" visible. Then you could exclude it from your navigation and search function. At last step you have to exclude it from your XML sitemap. For this I prefer using a fork of the original module by tpr.

Another approach could be to create your own XML sitemap, but that needs a little more effort.

Regards, Andreas

• Like 4

Thanks for your response, AndZyk.

I excluded the "portfolio" page from the menu using the selector-option in the SimpleNavigation-Module.

I installed the fork you recommended and tried to exclude the page via the template-name:

template=portfolio-list

However, I had to delete the browser cache several times until it worked.

But it seems to work now.
  • Like 1