ProCache improves Time To First Byte (TTFB) ?

PWaddict

Thank you horst for the answer. I already read that from Wikipedia but I'm looking for something more practically than theory.

I did a test to check the difference on TTFB between a PW & HTML page.

On a PW page (template cache) I'm getting 600-650ms and on the HTML version of that same page I'm getting ~550ms.

So I guess if I buy ProCache I will get ~550ms but do you know if it's possible to get better results? Or the ~550ms is the best I can get since that was done with an HTML page?

I suggest to read https://www.littlebizzy.com/blog/ttfb-meaningless, and especially look for TTLB (Time To Last Byte). IMO, TTFB is completly meaningless,the only thingthat matters is: how fast can a user read / see the content of a page. And if you read on Wikipedia TTFB_vs_Load_Time or the more in depth article why it is meaningless, you may see that this doesn't matter.

One thing, what is described there for example, is, that if you use gzip compression for your html / js / css content, you get a higher TTFB, but the TTLB is 20-30% lower!

But besides that, using ProCache is the fastest way to serve your content. It also includes a part that assist you to setup the server for gzip, caching etc, it can collect and minify your JS, CSS, and HTML files, and you completly ommit invoking the PHP engine and connecting to a DB.

• Like 7