"Unknown column 'fieldgroups_fields.data'"

Adam Kiss

Hit reload in your browser -- This is an expected error message (in debug mode), but it should only occur the first time PW is loaded after upgrading.

If that doesn't do it, double check that your /wire/ dir was replaced in full. Make sure you have a /wire/modules/System/SystemUpdater module in there.

If you still get the error, execute this SQL query in PhpMyAdmin:

ALTER TABLE fieldgroups_fields ADD data TEXT;

• 2 months later...

So, what is that new field for and more precicely 'whatup' with it?

I've got exactly one field among several, on a template, with it's label and description cached therein fieldgroups_fields.data, and I'm spinning trying to figure out why a page edit using the template won't update newly edited label/description for the culprit.

[sOLVED] Ahhh tricky! Just re-?discovered field 'context' drop-down in Admin>Setup>Fields>myField ;p

@note how'bout a tiny reminder icon near-to on the page editor or even a simple tool-tip mentioning when we're in context override.

(Appologies if this has been hashed-over elsewhere that I've not discovered yet.)

Ahhh tricky! Just re-?discovered field 'context' drop-down in Admin>Setup>Fields>myField

Welcome to the forums CNSKnight. Also wanted to add that the most common way to get to that context is not actually from that drop-down, but from the actual template editor. You can click any field name in your template and it'll pop open a modal window where you can adjust the context.