New Installation: Field to upload site-profile

bernhard

i just had to install a site-profile and i thought it would be handy if there was a field to upload the site-profile.zip during installaton.

would make things easier than explaining how to upload things to the server and then extract it to the right place etc...

of course just a little improvement but may be helpful for newbies. what do you think?

• Like 1

as I know and understand the access rights in unix (and other) systems, the parent directory need write access. The parent directory for most PW installations is the webroot!

Besides that in many shared environments you will not be able to change access rights for the root directory, I also wouldn't do that if I could. :)

hm... you are right.

having an empty writeable site-upload folder could work?! there would have to be only ONE folder because you could also only upload ONE site-profile at a time. the installer would only have to take the uploaded zip, copy its content into /site-upload and update the select-field with the description + thumbnail from the uploaded file.

don't know how hard that would be in the installer.php and if one can easily add a standard pw file upload field at this place?