Disable a language on a multilanguage site

Thanks diogo,

that works partly. the pages are now not available anymore in the hidden language, which is good.

but now there is no way to fill in the contents for the hidden language, which is bad. ;-)

i want to disable the language for all frontend users but i also want to be able to fill in the contents for this language, and when i'm finished, i just want to flip a (one) switch to make the pages in this language public available.

:D true, sorry about that...

Have you tried removing the url segment for the languages on the home settings? Like this they will all have "/" as base, and the default should prevail in any subpage also.

Use a prependTemplate file, where you check for the language and if it's the "not public" one just throw an 404 or redirect. Can even be adapted so translators can visit the site.

The language switcher would also have to be adapted to reflect this.

---

You could add a new checkbox field to the languages template that would make a language inactive. Then you just would have to make your language switcher reflect that with a selector and use LostKobrakai's suggestion limited to those languages with the checkbox selected.

• 3 weeks later...