Automatic updates of installed language packs

titanium

Hi,

I'm trying to automate the process of updating installed language packs with the help of the API, because I have to update quite a lot of ProcessWire installations and I would like to avoid these tedious tasks.

While is easy to select the language page and upload the new language files to the field, I noticed that there is more to be done: Obviously the process of parsing the language files has to be started somehow. I looked around in /wire/modules/LanguageSupport and, well, I have to say that this seems to be above my capabilities. :-/

Has anyone experiences how language files could be fully imported by API?

Thank you.

• Like 2

It would be very helpful to be able to log what method calls, file includes, new objects etc. ProcessWire uses when it does it's magic in the backend. Optimistic approach, granted, but I imagine this could be a way to re-use ProcessWire's backend processes more easily. This could help to automate the task I described in my last posting above.

I'm not too sure, but in a small corner of my brain I remember that some kind of "macro recorder" module for ProcessWire does exist somewhere? Or maybe I just dreamt of this :-)

The only thing remotely in that realm would be the new IftRunner, but that does only handle the triggering and not the actual logic which should run. But maybe you can adapt the "button"-code I postet here to add an button to the "lang" template. The triggered logic could then download the newest lang pack and replace files in the page with the new ones. The fields with the language files are more or less standart file fields form the api, so this should be well covered by forum posts and docs.