ZwedenWeb

formmailer

Hi everyone,

I just finished converting my Dutch site about Sweden from nothing (="cms-less") to Processwire: http://www.zwedenweb.com

During the process, which took quite some time, I also rewrote quite some content and added a few new features. And of course a little facelift regarding the design (but not to much, since I have quite some users that are somewhat older and usually they have serious problems with technical changes (or changes in general)

Feel free to post your comments! :rolleyes:

/Jasper

• Like 2

Hi Jasper,

Nice site with a lot of good content. As a fellow dutchman i now know where to look for information about Sweden :)

Site's fast too. Do you do any caching on the site? Template cache or maybe markupcache for your menu? Also, are there others working with the PW backend? If so i'm curious what they think of PW.

• Like 1

Nice site with a lot of good content. As a fellow dutchman i now know where to look for information about Sweden :)

Thanks for the kind words. :)

Site's fast too. Do you do any caching on the site? Template cache or maybe markupcache for your menu? Also, are there others working with the PW backend? If so i'm curious what they think of PW.

Basicly the build-in template-cache. I used markupcache at two spots:

1. The Zweden Nieuws page is fetched with RSS and therefore it needed to be cached in another way.
  2. The page about money and currency contains a function (created with the help of some forum users here) that retreives todays exchange rate from the ECB (European Central Bank) and that one is also cached by MarkupCache.

I also added some settings to Apache (cache-control and gzip compression) which should improve speed.

Finally I combined as much JS and CSS as I could and everything is minimized using Yuicompressor.

/Jasper