Online Drama tickets booking - phase #1 is out

Vineet Sawant

Hello all,

So I've been asking way too many stupid questions on forum to turn an idea into reality.

I've finally launched a basic version of the drama booking website. Still many important things like Payment & sms gateway are remaining but that too will be added soon.

Allow me to present you Ticketees.com

(Credits: http://ticketees.com/humans.txt)

It's been out & being tested and used by drama producers for almost a week now. We've got some very positive response.

It wouldn't have been possible if I hadn't learnt so much from Ryan & ProcessWire's community and ofcourse, ProcessWire itself.

I've very very thankful to each & everyone who made it possible.

There's a long way to go, many many things are left to be done. I'd like you all to see and give me your honest feedback, good or bad, help me improve it. :)

Thank you all once again.

Edited by Vineet Sawant
  • Like 9

Minor niggle - you are using a phone icon for contact us. After clicking that, I was expecting to see a phone number only (or online calling). Instead, I see phone numbers, email, etc on the actual page. Not a big deal.. :)

Minor niggle - you are using a phone icon for contact us. After clicking that, I was expecting to see a phone number only (or online calling). Instead, I see phone numbers, email, etc on the actual page. Not a big deal.. :)

Haha, yeah I was thinking what to do about it, initial thought was to just give a pop up overlay and display contact info, but later thought directing to contact page would be better as there are plans to add a contact form for producers there.

Probably I should add an in-page pop up and provide phone numbers only with a contact link.

thanks for noticing, will give it a thought :)

Well done but you should add something to the homepage that it's also about booking tickets to see shows. While this might be obvious not everybody will get that at first visit of the homepage. The Book tickets button shows up after you click on a miniature show square on the homepage. On top in the menu that is on all pages you have shows theatres my account. Add something to it there that you can also book tickets. Also add a nice frame around all the miniature show squares to give it that more theatre look and feel. Hope this might be usefull for your site.
What about the spelling theatre ?  Wasn't the only acceptable spelling theater like -er as normal American spelling ? In the United States the customary spelling is theater, but the National Association of Theatre Owners uses the spelling theatre to refer to a movie theater. Theatre is also British spelling but somehow got accepted in most parts of America ? Like centre is British and center is American. Just wondering how these spellings actually are in your country since the British were part of the history of India during 1900. I think spelling is important on a website.

• Like 1

Hello pwired,

Thanks for your reply, sorry I was busy fixing some bugs so couldn't reply in time.

you should add something to the homepage that it's also about booking tickets to see shows. 

I told this suggestion to my team mates and they agreed too, so we'll be adding  an intro text on home page. :)

What about the spelling theatre ?  

Here we generally follow British spellings as that's what we'r taught in schools (I'm from India, and British did rule us for 150 years).

Thus spelling being used on the site is correct I guess, also I did a quick Google search to verify this, even our government is using the same spelling for drama theatres. So guess it'll work here without an issue :)

But I must thank you for taking that in consideration as even I agree that spellings are very important on website.

Add something to it there that you can also book tickets. 

Umm, I didn't understand this one. Are you suggesting to add a quick booking page link or something?

Also add a nice frame around all the miniature show squares to give it that more theatre look and feel. Hope this might be usefull for your site.

This one I've been told by a couple of people before, but I'd really want to leave it as it is for a few reasons:

1. Here internet connections suck, so I'm trying to keep site light weight.

2. Design wise I'd want to keep it minimal & simple, I had to add box shadows just cause few people found it to be too flat. In the coming days, based on user feedback, I'd be making this design more cleaner and simpler as plans are to make site mobile friendly as well, suitable for Indian 2G networks.

If I've misunderstood your suggestion, please feel free to correct me.

Thanks again for taking time out to write to me and helping to make site better. :)