Strange loading and logout issues in the admin

evanmcd

Hi all,

I've just setup one of our partners on a project with logins into the backend of our latest PW based site.

Upon logging in, they immediately started saying the the admin interface was responding very slowly - as in 30 or more seconds to load a Page with eight children.  They just get the loading triangle animation after logging in for a good minute or two sometimes.  Other times it loads right away.

They have assured me that they have a solid network connection and that other sites are loading as expected.  They've tried from office and home locations with the same results.

In addition, if they click the edit link on any page, they are taken to the login screen.  This happens every time.

Of course, I'm baffled as I'm not experiencing any issues.  Has anyone had an issue like this before?  What troubleshooting steps would you recommend?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

I don't think this will fix all of your problems (or maybe even any!), but I found I had to set:

$config->sessionFingerprint = false;

Otherwise I was being asked to login again every few minutes. Might be worth trying.

• Like 5

Thank you @adrianbj! You're suggestion worked like a charm.  Amazingly, it has cleared up all of the issues they were having - access is now fast, with no logouts.  You're my hero!

$config->sessionFingerprint = false; for the win :)

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Good to find this thread. Was kicked out every few seconds, loading slow ... while working via Hotel WLAN >:D
Cookie settings? Changing the browser didn't help ...

$config->sessionFingerprint = false was the goal.
thanks a lot Adrian

• Like 2