Undocumented feature

davidber

Just thought I would let you know that there is an installer issue using dreamhost.  The software installs correctly, but on the system check there are errors on line 81 and 82.  I would attach a screenshot to show you, but you have the forums limited to a 128k attachment and I am too lazy to put it somewhere else :)

Adding another 'undocumented feature.'

The video that you have posted that shows the overview intrigued me and what got me to download/install/test.

The main thing?  The dynamic resizing of an image in the layout.  I have so many people who just need to move an image, resize it, etc and make the layout look ugly.  They feel if they can do that, then everything is perfect.

The undocumented feature?

It works in Firefox, not chrome :(

Just thought I would let you know that there is an installer issue using dreamhost.  The software installs correctly, but on the system check there are errors on line 81 and 82.  I would attach a screenshot to show you, but you have the forums limited to a 128k attachment and I am too lazy to put it somewhere else :)

Line 81 and 82 check the server software. It sounds like Dreamhost must not have that info populated, but I'm assuming they are using Apache, so it should still be fine to continue with the installation (and it sounds like you did). I have updated the install.php file to double check that the server_software variable exists before trying to read a value from it, and that should suppress the error you saw.

Sorry about the attachment size limit. I just got this forum setup and didn't see that setting–I will try to track it down and fix.

Thanks,

Ryan

The main thing?  The dynamic resizing of an image in the layout.  I have so many people who just need to move an image, resize it, etc and make the layout look ugly.  They feel if they can do that, then everything is perfect. The undocumented feature? It works in Firefox, not chrome :(

This is true–unfortunately webkit-based browsers, like Safari and Chrome, don't support the browser-based resize method that is used by TinyMCE to resize elements in the editor (likewise with Opera, I think). Whereas both Mozilla-based browsers and IE8 do support it… though I would never suggest you use IE8. :) Personally, I use Firefox and Chrome equally.

The solution in webkit-based browsers is to perform your resize in the image editor instead. That uses jQuery UI to handle the drag-resize, which should work just about anywhere. It will perform the same newly resampled, proportional resize that you get in the TinyMCE editor (they both direct to the same PHP script via ajax). If you want to resize an image already in the document, just click it, then click the image icon, and then it'll pop up the editor where you can do a drag-resize. Then click the "insert image" button, and it should place the resized image in your document.