InputfieldPage (or Create New Page)

antonio

Hello,

first of all I must say I'm very impressed with Processwire's flexibility, thank you for putting so much effort into it!  :)

I'm using it at the moment to develop something and there's a useful feature which seems to be missing in the InputfieldPage module:

Sticking to the skyscrapers example,

let's say I'm creating a new skyscrapper page and it was designed by an architect whom has no page yet.

Couldn't there be a way to create a new architect page from this same form, on the fly?

If it were, for example, a blog, and we were linking tags to a page, I wouldn't see much sense in going all the way back to create a new tag page.

In my situation I'm not dealing with tags, which don't necessarily need a page, but really something like architects or authors.

I know this is a minor usability tweak and there are certainly more important things on the list right now but this doesn't seem very hard to put together...

I'll be looking into it but I thought maybe you'd have a faster solution!

Hi antonio,

adn welcome to the forums.

This is entirely possible right now via hooks, which are, unfortunately, very poorly documented at the moment :(

However, let's say this was done in admin [or rather via module]

How would you imagine such a module? Try to give us a little description of it's behavior, more than just a summary. Let's do a little write-up – what's the initial status of a site [little description of modules, ...], what's this feature supposed to do (that's actually in the summary, mostly), but most important: how would this go? what would be process of adding new page, would you see full editor? Or the 'add new page part' [title, url + page type] only?

And with this information, we can:

a.) create such plugin

b.) come up with another way how to solve the problem

I agree with the usefulness of this. The only reason it's not yet implemented is because automatically creating a page is making a lot of assumptions... that's because ProcessWire doesn't have any built-in fields per se. So if we're allowing dynamic adds of pages like that, then it's got to assume that you don't have a bunch of fields on that page that also needs to be populated. But I think as long as we focus on just populating name and title, and people understand they may have to go back and make further edits to any pages they add (depending on the fields) then it'll be okay. This feature won't be particularly difficult to implement. But I'm thinking it'll go best with a auto-completion widget for page selection (which is currently in  progress).