A local garage

Joss

You will have to put up with screen shots for the moment. The poor client is having trouble getting his domain out from under his ex business partner and until he does, I can't link to it.

This is, or rather will be, a simple website for a local service garage - a general sort of place that will service any car.

Front end is built with elements from Foundation 5 and a couple of silly bits from me. 

It is fully responsive, some of the content being delivered in a different way for mobiles. For instance, the 4 features blocks on a laptop become an accordion on phones and small tablets. 

The site has the normal little news facility and a facility for creating blocks of promotional content that can be included into every page in various ways. The client can select background color, image, text, headline (display or not display) for each block.

The client also has control over background images for certain panels as well as selecting top panel graphics.

It is built with the current dev but it pretty straightforward.

The main emphasis of the site will be to try and get it to score locally as the client has no interest in work from outside of his local area. With this in mind I am talking to him about how to link local promotions into the site and the possibility of doing radio and newspaper promos that are reflected with front page flash offers that he can control.

The client has a very low budget, so it has been important that he can get his head round running the site as much as possible and make his own promotional decisions. 

Yes, it would be nice if I could do it for him, but although I do not charge very much for websites (undercharge hugely, probably), if a client wants to use my 35 years experience in advertising, my hourly rate skyrockets!

Well, you have to have SOME stupid, useless pride, don't you?

Anyway, screenshots below and once we do get the site up, I will add a link

post-822-0-10008100-1402425122_thumb.jpg

post-822-0-59117700-1402425123_thumb.jpg

• Like 6